Friday, May 29, 2009

My Holiday Weekend and more

My foster family had a very busy rescue weekend planned so they made arrangements for me to stay at the home of a dog sitter for the holiday weekend. Boy was it fun. Someone is home all the time there and they have CARPET which is super easy to navigate. That was real luxury for me. They let me on the furniture too! They have lots of woods in their back yard so we did some trail hiking and I really loved that. There were so many new smells.

My first night there, after everyone went to sleep, I climb up on a cozy chair and snoozed the night away. I guess I really scared my dog sitter because he couldn’t find me in the morning. He couldn’t imagine where I could have gone, but then there I was – I blended right into the chair. He got a laugh out of that!

He sent my foster mom email updates because she wanted to keep tabs on me. He ended his first email with: “He is truly a wonderful guy and we are looking forward to the rest of the weekend with him!”. Didn’t take them long to realize… I win everyone’s heart!

In his last email of the weekend, he said: “Otto Has Been and Still Is a joy to have in our home, he is a Very Well Behaved Gentleman and we have thoroughly enjoyed his company this weekend!!!”

Of course my foster mom was happy I was such a good house guest, but she wasn’t surprised. I’m just a good guy all around. What she can’t understand is why no one is banging down my door to give me a “Forever” home. She thinks I’m a real find! I know with patience, my own family will come along. I can wait.

Not much else to report. During the day, I just hang with my peeps, Thelma and Otis, if aunt Lori isn’t home and my foster parents are working. I look forward to our walks in the morning and at night and playtime after work. Today, I showed my foster family I still have my prey drive. I found something under the shed. Otis knew I was right too, but my foster dad couldn’t find anything. I’ll bet it’s still there… I’m planning to check when I go back outside.

I hear I’m headed back to the beach in a couple weeks and also to an Eastern GSP Club event. I’ll post an update again when I have more to report. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment