Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All About Me!

I’ve been in foster care for a bit and I’m really settling in. We are learning a lot about each other and I’m finding life can be pretty good.

Unfortunately, I’ve have this terrible cough that mostly bothers me after my naps, but Sunday, I was feeling really yucky. Luckily it was a rainy day so I just slept and slept. My friend Sue came by for a visit. She and Rayna sprung me and Peggy from the shelter. She brought me her special treats – she makes homemade cookies just for dogs and they are the best. I think they helped with my cough too because ever since my first one, I’ve been getting better and better. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but that’s what I tell my foster mom so she keeps giving them to me. KO Cookies are super!

I met my aunt Cheryl yesterday and my grandma Pat. Thelma told me to keep away from Cheryl as she’s her favorite and Cheryl doesn’t like the boys. She seemed nice to me, but Otis told me it’s true. Maybe I’ll win her over. Grandma Pat was really nice. She thinks I’m a cutie and can see how lovable I am.

Apparently, I have a foster aunt who lives here too, but she’s away. She comes home tomorrow and I’m very excited to meet her. See, here my foster mom and dad get me up really early – 5am!!!! – and they hardly give me any time to wipe the sleep from my eyes and off I go for a morning walk. Thelma, my foster sister, comes along with me, but she seems used to this. I’m learning our route and getting along faster, but Thelma and my foster mom told me not to get too used to it… as I get better, we are going to go for longer and longer walks. I’m hoping when my aunt Lori comes home, things will change. Maybe I’ll be able to sleep in and she’ll walk with me instead.

I’m a good eater and love my breakfast after my walks. Initially they made me special rice and beef to be sure my tummy was ok adjusting to a new diet. Yesterday I started to get the same stuff Thelma and Otis do. Besides the crunchy stuff, I get this yummy soft stuff and vegetables… I hear the veggies change, but my first ones were peas and carrots and I LOVE THEM!!!! Peas are really good and I eat every last one – even if a few fall out of my bowl while I’m eating, I find them all… they are DELICIOUS!

Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks???? I’ve pretty much got sit covered and we are going to start working on down. This training stuff is fun and I get yummy treats – besides KO Cookies, which are my favorite, I also get these really good chicken things. I get very excited when I smell them and I’m ready to work. It can be hard to sit when my little tail is waggin so much, but my foster mom tries to make me focus.

I’m showing them how snuggly I am. Sometimes they let me crawl in their lap and at my first chance, I hop into a special chair and curl up on the comfy blanket. They think I was probably a couch potato in my last home because I can always find the best spots to cozy up.

I’m still crated when no one is around and I do ok. If I get bored, I chew on my crate some, but they gave me some new chew toys and they taste way better and my foster mom told me they are way better for me… we’ll see – I’m going to do my best to stop chewing on my crate.

Check back on me soon – I have a lot going on so I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated. Even though things are pretty good here, I’m hoping to find my very own home where I can get into a whole new routine and have a family of my own. I want to be someone's favorite just like Thelma - she's lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment