Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Weekend at the Beach

This weekend I learned about vacations! Otis left early in the week with aunt Lori and then Thelma left early on Friday with my foster dad and I was left at home with my foster mom while she worked… I was wondering – where did everyone go??? She told me not to worry, once Sam got over after school we were going too. So I snoozed away until it was my turn.

When Sam came over, I was very excited. I climbed into the car and settled in. I had no idea what vacation meant, but I was ready. I slept all the way so I’m not really sure how long it took, but when we arrived, it sure was different. There were lots of stones to walk on and it smelled interesting too. My foster mom said we were down the shore. Thelma and my foster dad were waiting to meet me.

I adjusted just fine to the new house and learned my way around in a snap. I visited the local pet store, Buddy’s, and met the owner Mike. He loved me. There were lots of good smells and I knocked into stuff and things fell of shelves, but Mike didn’t care. He said I’m just the kind of guy he’d like – I mean, who can blame him? I’m very cool.

Sam spent lots of time snuggling with me on the couch, but we also were pretty active. Check out the pictures of me and my posse walking on the beach. I liked the sand and didn’t even hesitate at the crashing waves. The noise was loud, but I investigated and when the water touch my paws, I didn’t run away – but it was sort of cold….

Today we are getting ready to go home – my foster mom is cleaing everything – even me! I had a Kiehls’s bath and I smell so fresh.. It was fun and very relaxing. I spent lots of quality time with my foster family and would love to have a family of my own to go on family vacations with. My foster mom said I just roll with it and take no time to adjust at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment