Sunday, November 29, 2009

News from My Forever Home

Hi all, bet you’ve been wondering how I am? Well, I will answer by saying “Woooooooohooooooo, I’ve found my FOREVER home & I’m on cloud 9!” I have 2 doggie sisters, a people sister & brother, & a new Mom & Dad! Wow, life doesn’t get any better than this. We go for walks in the forest every day & that brings out the hunting qualities I possess. I love all the smells there, believe me there are plenty. Mom and Dad walk with me while the girls are constantly running ahead & scouting the area for us. They always come back to make sure I’m with Mom & Dad. Even though I’m older than them, they are very protective of me. I like that, I mean they have really made me part of the family & it’s as if I’ve lived here all my life.

Mealtime is kind of funny around here because Mom has so many vitamins to crush up for all of us. I get very impatient when it’s time to eat. I’m trying real hard to calm down because Mom says it isn’t good for my psyche, whatever that is. She is always telling me to “slow down and enjoy the meal, no one is ever going to take it away from you.” I’m working on that. She says I’m doing a good job.

Thanksgiving was so much fun! This was my first holiday in my new home. The day started early with our walk. The entire family went. My sister Val came home & my brother Chris wasn’t working. We had so much fun out in the fresh air. Once home, music filled the house & oodles of good smells all day. The girls and I got some nice treats, oh so yummy! There was football, loads of belly rubs & kisses! Everyone loves me! I love them too!

Next comes Christmas & I received my very first gift in advance. Mom couldn’t wait to give it to me. She searched the internet for the collar that matches my beautiful leash. She thinks I’m very handsome & tells me so every morning. “My handsome boy needs a handsome collar to match his leash.” I think those were her exact words. The rest of Christmas has to be kept secret! The only thing she will tell me about it is that there will be Santa’s everywhere in the house. I guess I will just have to be patient to see what that is all about.

Sooooo, I’m settling in nicely & my family wants me to remind people to adopt a senior! They say you won’t regret it if you decide to open your heart and home to an older gal or gent. Did you see my pictures? Life is good! Peace, Otto!

No comments:

Post a Comment